Google
 

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yated's Article on Lakewood Recall

Have any of you read this week’s Yated Ne’eman?

If yes, did you get a chance to read the Lakewood section?

Well, whether you did or didn’t, on page 84 there is a lengthy article by Yitzchok Singer regarding the Recall effort of Committee member Charles Cunliffe.

As I was reading it, I was amazed to see how strikingly similar it was to my post on this issue. Literally, argument after argument seemed to be taken straight out of my post. I have received many emails confirming this observation.

For your information, my post was forwarded, with my permission, to The Lakewood Shopper, and was printed there two weeks ago.

I contacted the one who forwarded it to The Lakewood Shopper, and lo and behold, he forwarded to me an email proving he sent my post to the Yated Ne’eman on the same day that he forwarded it to The Lakewood Shopper.

No, it was apparently not printed in the Yated Ne’eman in its original form, but "mysteriously" surfaced in a lengthier form under someone else’s name.

I guess the bright side is that my opinion is getting out and being heard.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

it shows how lazy some people can be.no original thoughts....

Shpitzle Shtrimpkind said...

Take the hint. Don’t write for free. Become a columnist. You are made of the right ‘material’.

Joseph said...

Not to bust your bubble, but perhaps your not the only one with this view (and I mean your entire view on this issue.)

I highly doubt the article was plagiarized. You happen to have quite a reasonable viewpoint on this issue, as apparently do others.

Independent Frum Thinker said...

Anonymous Dec 31, 8:51 –
You have a point, though I doubt my post was actually plagiarized. Rather my arguments made waves throughout the political establishment in Lakewood, which in turn caused them to become “household” arguments. This is evidenced by my being contacted by leaders of the recall group, and leaders of the political establishment, all asking to present their arguments, for and against the recall.

Shpitzle –
Welcome back!
I’m seriously considering it. My issue is that I can’t feel forced to write regularly. I can only write on subjects that I feel passionate about. Also, occasionally I feel the need to write about something controversial. As a columnist, I don’t know if I’ll be afforded these freedoms.

Joseph –
Perhaps you’re right. However, please read my reply to anonymous above.

Anonymous said...

Do you speak with them about this?

Independent Frum Thinker said...

Anonymous Jan 6, 10:03 –
I did. The writer insists that he didn’t use my post as inspiration for his article. He did however acknowledge that people who he spoke to before writing his article referred to my post and its points. To summarize, he did not directly take inspiration from here, but indirectly he definitely did, which is something I’m quite pleased with.

Anonymous said...

in hop pendants [url=http://www.blingforfun.com]hip go jewelry[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/pendants/cat_9.html]hip hop pendants[/url],alert hop watches,[url=http://blingforfun.com/belts/cat_18.html]bling bling[/url] ,hip spring,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]hip dance chains[/url],cool leap bling,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]iced alibi chains[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]wholesale chains[/url]
hip spring jewelry

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

szybkie kredyty chwilowki
pożyczki bez bik
pożyczka bez bik dla zadłużonych
pożyczki bez bik nysa
pożyczka bez bik nysa
kredyt bez bik wzór umowy
szybki kredyt na samochód